Monday, January 29, 2007

One of my favorites

The Invitation

 

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.

I want to know what you ache for

& if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

 

It doesn't interest me how old you are.

I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool

for love

for your dream

for the adventure of being alive.

 

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon...

I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow

if you have been opened by life's betrayals

or have become shriveled & closed

from fear of further pain.

 

I want to know if you can sit with pain

mine or your own

without moving to hide it

or fade it

or fix it.

 

I want to know if you can be with joy

mine or your own

if you dance with wildness

& let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers & toes

without cautioning us to

be careful

be realistic

Remember the limitations of being human.

 

I want to know if you can see Beauty

even when it is not pretty

every day.

And if you can source your own  life

from its presence.

 

~Oriah Mountain Dreamer  from the book The Invitatition

 

No comments:

Post a Comment