Monday, October 30, 2006

More Quotes


Be as you wish to seem.


-Socrates



Each moment is a place you've never been.

- Mark Strand



"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise.

I choose to risk my significance, to live so that which came to me as seed goes to the next as blossom, and that which came to me as blossom, goes on as fruit." Dawna Markova



What she does with her hunger ...is the essence of her being.



But we're not satisfied with what we ourselves have learned about the world and ourselves.


We're always waiting for a stranger to come and tell us something more.


And "something more" means "the rest of it," and that's what we need most; we miss it.


So, go ahead, stranger!...tell her what she herself is, beyond what she herself already knows she is...her life, her years, her great expenditures of self, what of herself is honey and what is gall on her tongue, the hunger



Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment