Sunday, October 22, 2006

WIGF

 

 

 

I had the most incredible day with my children today.  Nothing earth shattering, just an ordinary fall Sunday.  Our original plan was to go to the town's halloween parade, where there was supposed to be rides, games, cotton candy & hot dogs!  I wouldn't described it as such, but we did wander over to the park to swing & play. 

As I started to swing, my daughter sat down on the swing besides me. Now my daughter constantly talks from the moment she wakes up to the moment she falls asleep & even when she is sleeping!  But today, as she told me some things that go on in her life at school, I began to feel closer to her.  A bond that I have been waiting so long to feel is happening.  She is a beautiful, strong, compasionate, mature, athletic young lady who brings joy & inspiration to all she meets.  Everywhere I go, people tell me how her natural spirit seems to attract everyone. I am always amazed by her & proud.

After, we hopped in the car & drove to a local town where there is a candy store with barrels of all sorts of candy.  I turned the music up loud & we sang & danced while driving.  The trees were extrodinary.  Their colors were incredibly bright today. I don't think I have ever seen the colors of fall the way there were today.  Deep reds, bright oranges & yellows, an orange sunset.  Mountains, water falls, the lake, lots & lots of winding roads through colorful tree filled woods.  After buying our loot of candy, we walked around town for awhile, stopping in stores, looking at things, teasing each other, laughing. 

Maybe it is because my children are getting older & I can experience things with them rather than just taking care of them ("I have to feed you again?!"). Maybe it is because they are starting to see who I am.  Maybe it is because I am starting to see who I am. 

It was a day that I will always remember & am truly grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment