Friday, September 29, 2006

A biker's wish

A biker was riding along a California beach when
suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a
booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried
to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.
 

The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii
so I can ride over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is materialistic, think of the
enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking.  The

supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific!  The

concrete and steel it would take!  It will nearly exhaust several

natural resources.  I can do it, but it i s hard for me to justify

your desire for worldly things.  Take a little more time and
think of something that would honor and glorify me."
 

The biker thought about it for a long time.  Finally he said,
"Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife.  I want to know

how she feels inside, what she's thinking when  she gives me

the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she
says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?

2 comments:

  1. I have heard this biker joke before and always laugh.  We women are sure a complicated, confusing group to try to understand.  Sometimes I do feel sorry for the men!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speech by something outside himself - like for instance, when he can't find any clean socks.

    ReplyDelete